Daisy peripherals (such as Call Points and Pendants) can be reprogrammed via Bluetooth through the VitalCloud app, allowing the same device to be repurposed or relocated to another room as required. This functionality is available to all VitalCare customers regardless of whether they subscribe to our VitalCloud reporting solution.
To program a Daisy device, just follow the steps below:
- Download and Install the VitalCloud app by searching for “VitalCloud” in either the Apple App Store (for Apple Devices) or the Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- Open the VitalCloud application and login with your email and password
- If you don’t have a VitalCloud account, contact VitalCare to create one.
Once you are logged in, you will be presented with the Facility Overview screen. Click theMenu button at the top left of the screen and navigate to Select Facility.
- Tap your facility to select it and then press the Menu button again and selectDevice Config.
- Tap the orange Clear & LIVE scan it should turn green and the star will flash. This indicates that your phone/ipad is now searching for other nearby VitalCare devices via Bluetooth.
- On the Daisy device to be programmed, press and hold down the Cancel button for 15 seconds or until the light begins to glow continuously. If the light flashes momentarily, please try again pressing a little harder.
- NOTE: If you are reprogramming an IRMA (Infra-Red Movement Alarm) device, you will instead need to press the cancel button 7 times in rapid succession to enter Bluetooth programming mode.
- Once the light is glowing, let go of the Cancel button and the same light will begin blinking. This indicates that the device is in Bluetooth programming mode and so can be detected by the app. When the device appears on the VitalCloud app, press theConfiguration button to change its settings.
- You will be taken to the Transmitter Config page for the device to be programmed.
- On this page, change the following settings:
Transmitter Number: The number corresponding to the device code you want the button to display when pressed (if you don’t have this, you can press Search to look for it by entering part of the room name or number - selecting one of the options that appear will automatically fill in the relevant Transmitter Number and System Code. If in need contact us for assistance).
System Code: This should be the same for the whole facility.
NOTE: System Code (for facility) and (this device) should match.
11. When these details are entered, press the Save to Cloud and Device button and when “Saved data to the Device” appears, click Disconnect to end the Bluetooth session. If successful, the device will stop flashing and is now reprogrammed and ready to be tested.